SAP’s Customer Experience portfolio includes SAP Sales Cloud and SAP Marketing Cloud. SAP Sales Cloud is a solution that manages salesforce automation, lead and opportunity management, and sales forecasting.
SAP Marketing Cloud is a solution that manages campaigns and content to provide individualized marketing experiences to customers. By integrating these clouds, marketing and sales processes can be synchronized across both channels. This article covers:
So, why are customers asking for integration?
Further, SAP Marketing Cloud has full marketing capabilities which include a segmentation model . Segmentation lets you group and select customers through different criteria, such as demographics. Then you can target the selected customers for a campaign.
Campaign management is also more comprehensive in SAP Marketing Cloud. Consequently, other advantages include content management, multi-step campaigns, best record logic, scoring, marketing planning and management.
Companies using web-based sales channels can benefit from the commerce capabilities of SAP Marketing Cloud, such as offers and recommendations.
Customers are looking to build a bridge between marketing and sales so that processes can be harmonized. So by sharing the same business partner objects and business document data, marketing increases the conversion rate which means potential buyers and prospects into real buyers.
Now that we know why customers are asking for integration, I’ll give you an overview of the data integration.
Data Integration Overview
Further, with integration, data is replicated from both Cloud Solutions.
Data Replication From Sales Cloud to Marketing Cloud
- Replicate accounts, contacts, and individual customers from cloud to cloud as corporate accounts, contacts, and consumers
- Replicate leads, activities, and opportunities from cloud to cloud as interactions
- Use these interactions for segmentation in Marketing Cloud.
- Replicate customer relationships, marketing permissions, and marketing rep attributes to Marketing Cloud
Data Replication From Cloud to Cloud
- Replicate corporate accounts, contacts, and consumers from to cloud to cloud as accounts, contacts, and individual customers
- Marketing Cloud campaigns can trigger the sales creation of leads or activities in Sales Cloud
- Maintain marketing permission and subscription information in Marketing Cloud that displays in Sales Cloud
- Replicate the campaign header from cloud to cloud
Now that we understand the data integration overview, I’ll talk about the key features and business benefits of integrating these Cloud Solutions.
Key features and business benefits
- Campaigns can automatically trigger the creation of leads, tasks, appointments, or phone calls
- In Sales Cloud, sales representatives can follow up on those leads and convert them into opportunities
- Synchronize all changes in leads or opportunities back to Marketing Cloud and stored as interactions
- Consolidate relevant customer data in one view and personalize customer engagements across the entire customer journey
- You can track the interactions (leads, opportunities, and activities) replicated from Sales Cloud in real time to provide full visibility of marketing data
- Marketers have full transparency about marketing campaigns and their execution progress in real-time
- Marketing lead nurturing allows you to interact with prospective contacts at every stage of the sales cycle
Integrating Clouds synchronizes processes.
- For marketing experts, the integration closes the loop between campaign planning in Marketing Cloud and execution of campaigns in Sales Cloud.
- Sales professionals get pre-qualified leads from Marketing Cloud and can further develop those leads into opportunities in Sales Cloud.
- With this integration, marketing increases the conversion rate by converting potential buyers into real buyers.
Lastly, please feel free to share your thoughts and comments on these systems and their integration. If you need any help implementing either of these Clouds, please reach out to #teamASAR.