SAP Field Service Management or SAP FSM for short, is a dynamic software solution widely employed by companies to manage their resources and track field service operations. At its core, FSM is primarily used as a robust one-stop-shop tool for: scheduling and dispatching, analytics and reporting, intelligent self-service, work order management, mobile application and knowledge management. Lets break down each of these core functions for SAP FSM:
- Scheduling and dispatching: this tool is optimized for employees to work in a real-time environment allowing them to match technician skills to job requirements, use current locations to reduce field technician travel time, and prioritize service calls. Intuitively, the software reminds the scheduler of job required equipment and/or tools and communicates these requirements to the field technician.
- Analytics and Reporting: produces real-time field service metrics to keep track of KPI’s (key performance indicator), and SLA’s (service level agreement). The software reduces the work of field technicians by automatically uploading invoice reports and provides the option to send invoices to customers from the ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
- Intelligent Self-Service: customer self-service allows customers to make appointment requests, view equipment records, and receive service related communication updates 24/7. On the backend, intelligent self-service allows its administrator to completely brand their platform and create unique QR codes.
- Work Order Management: allows users to access important SLA information, warranties, contracts and materials (reserve, track, locate, & price) for specific jobs.
- Mobile Application: with online and offline access options, the mobile application can provide technicians with checklists, workforce safety documentation, parts availability, job history and location mapping.
- Knowledge Management: through the use of smartforms and information sharing, the knowledge management function works as a bridge between the ERP system and FSM. Smartforms can be customized based on industry or business specific needs to instruct, guide, and provide important customer and/or product related information to technicians.
So what does that mean for your business? Put simply, SAP FSM is a brand differentiator. The reputation of a service company is built on customer experiences. Through the power of SAP FSM, businesses are able to streamline their processes and thereby achieve enhanced efficiency and productivity, improve decision making, and optimize route planning. As a result, businesses realize drastic cost reductions and most importantly–unparalleled customer experiences. SAP FSM provides its customers the opportunity to differentiate themselves based on excellent field service experience.
If you are interested in learning more about how SAP FSM can transform your business, please visit our website to contact the ASAR America Inc. team. Additional SAP FSM resources can be found on our website, as well as the official SAP website.