SAP Marketing Cloud and SAP Commerce Cloud are two products within SAP Customer Experience solution. Customer Experience is all about understanding the customer. This includes their intents, desires, past purchases, interested products, social media channels they use, personal details, locations, and sentiment towards a product or service. SAP Marketing Cloud is a cross-industry solution that provides individualized marketing experiences to customers. SAP Commerce Cloud is an omnichannel platform for B2B, B2C, and B2B2C businesses designed to engage and transact with customers across digital touchpoints. Each product has their own set of functionality and data. SAP Marketing Cloud Integration with SAP Commerce Cloud can elevate the overall customer experience.
The following use cases will help you understand the business value and drivers for integrating these two applications.
- Convert abandoned shopping carts into sales
- E.g. If customers are adding items to their shopping carts in SAP Commerce Cloud but not completing the transaction, you can create a trigger-based campaign in SAP Marketing Cloud for anyone who has abandoned their shopping cart.
- Create an email campaign in SAP Marketing Cloud to promote discounts offered to customers on the storefront
- E.g. If a seller wishes to offer a 10% discount on all online purchases made for a month, they can trigger an email campaign with the discount. When the customer visits the storefront and adds an item to their cart, they can apply the coupon from the email campaign to redeem the offer.
- Increase sales by offering online shoppers recommendations for products they might be interested in
- E.g. Retrieve recommendations for customers based on user activity, such as recently viewed items.
- Personalize the entire storefront page based on segments that the customer belongs to in SAP Marketing Cloud
- E.g. An online clothing retailer is preparing the launch of their latest line of women’s sports apparel. Using segmentation in SAP Marketing Cloud, you can display a banner in the storefront to promote the launch for only those customers targeted by the campaign.
- Allow storefront users to decide whether to share their personal data in exchange for targeted promotional information
Data Integration Overview
SAP Commerce Data is replicated and stored in SAP Marketing Cloud. Here’s how the information transfers over:
- Customer data and consent from SAP Commerce Cloud stored as contact data in SAP Marketing Cloud
- Products from SAP Commerce Cloud stored as products in SAP Marketing Cloud
- Sales orders, saved shopping carts, abandoned shopping carts, reviews, return requests, website searches, and viewed products from SAP Commerce Cloud stored as interactions in SAP Marketing Cloud
- Replicates customer data, consent, products, product reviews, sales orders, saved shopping carts, abandoned shopping carts, return requests, website searches, viewed products, and coupon promotions
- Recommendations Integration
- Configures the storefront to display relevant product and offer recommendations from SAP Marketing Cloud
- Marketing Segmentation Integration with Commerce Personalization
- Leverages marketing objects from SAP Marketing Cloud to create personalized shopping experiences
- Email Campaign Attribution
- Determines the success of your email campaigns from order, saved cart, and abandoned shopping cart data sent from SAP Commerce Cloud to SAP Marketing Cloud
In conclusion, the integration of SAP Marketing Cloud with SAP Commerce Cloud features various replication processes that keep data in both systems updated. Other integration features include recommendations, marketing segmentation with commerce personalization, and email campaign attribution. The functionalities of SAP Marketing Cloud and SAP Commerce Cloud alone are great. However, integrating both products can elevate the customer experience. Tracking and analyzing data from SAP Commerce Cloud in SAP Marketing Cloud helps marketers understand customer behaviors to create personalized campaigns. For this reason, integrating SAP Marketing Cloud with SAP Commerce Cloud can help convert potential buyers into real buyers.
Click here to learn about different integration options.
For more details on SAP Marketing Cloud, please contact Team ASAR!