SAP just released new Commerce Cloud Version 2005 with many key features. So these features enable superior customer experience with Headless Commerce scenarios that support end-to-end business processes for building an Intelligent Digital Commerce Solution.
Improved OCC (Omni Commerce Connect) REST APIs
Commerce OCC APIs
In Commerce Cloud Version 2005, the Commerce OCC APIs for B2C and B2B enable high speed and agility with a Headless Commerce or API-first approach to reach customers through a variety of digital touchpoints such as decoupled Storefronts for desktop and mobile, Apps, wearables, smart devices, and social media. Therefore, the new features of OCC APIs are as follows:
B2B OCC API
B2B OCC APIs are introduced first time with this release. So this will help B2B Customer to build quickly API based storefronts.
B2B Commerce Organization
(Aka “My Company”) lets customers better control their spending in your REST API-based storefront. So buying organizations can better manage their spending through the creation of units, users, spending limits, approvers, cost centers, and budgets – all through REST APIs. Approval mechanism is triggered when an order surpasses defined purchasing thresholds, in addition to merchant credit check feature.
B2B Scheduled Replenishment
Using this APIs Customers can schedule automatic re-orders in your headless storefront and Customers can specify frequency and start date, as is available in B2B Accelerator and also allows to get and delete scheduled replenishments.
Additionally, by using this API, the customer can recreate already submitted order. So this will create a new cart based on an existing order, replicating the products, quantities, and shipping and payment information from the original order.
B2B Inventory Display
Finally, this new OCC REST API makes it possible to control the display of a product’s stock level in your REST API-based storefront. So using this API has options to limit how stock level is returned and set default Inventory display value for the entire site
B2C/Core OCC APIs
Cancellations and Returns
With this API you can offer self-service Cancellations and Returns in your REST API-based storefront, hence reducing support costs and increasing customer convenience. Therefore, customers using this API-based storefront can submit cancellation and return requests from the Order Details page. So customers can specify quantities to cancel or return and track return requests. Setting Commerce Cloud Version 2005 apart.
B2B OCC APIs can now co-exist with B2C/core OCC APIs on the same instance
OCC REST API co-existence allows you to deploy headless B2B and B2C platforms on the same SAP Commerce Cloud instance. So this makes it possible to use one instance of SAP Commerce Cloud that offers headless B2C and B2B base sites
Assisted Service Module or ASM has been enriched with following capabilities.
Autocomplete for customer lookup
This feature will help to get auto complete suggestion from first letters of a customer name/email.
Anonymous cart binding
Ability for an ASM Agent to bind an anonymous cart to a customer.
OCC Add-Ons now available as extensions
OCC Add-Ons are now published as extensions, making upgrades easier.
Enhanced Backoffice Framework
The SAP Commerce Cloud 2005 release introduces further enhancements to the Backoffice Product Cockpit system as follows:
Solr Search Improvements for large catalogs
- Customers can fine tune indexing and querying as per their needs.
- Inverse index lookup allows you to query the index in large catalogs where query optimization is more important than indexing time.
- Nonblocking index update allows for hot update in large catalogs where eventual inconsistency is acceptable in favor of responsive UI.
- Configurable approach to indexing and querying allows you to fine-tune the behavior to fulfill project-specific needs.
The Backoffice workflow designer
Enhances business user productivity for workflow management in a visual and highly intuitive way. Managing workflows are easy by this feature. Business users easily Create new workflow templates with the preview feature to visualize tasks, actions, and decisions. Users can simply change existing templates and preview the workflow.
The Backoffice Product Cockpit
Now features management of complex bundles and rules to enable cross-selling of physical, digital, and service products that helps boost average order value and conversion. Backoffice Admin user easily create and manage products being part of bundle templates as well as manage product price and product disabling rules. So the user can Create bundles that accommodate customer choices.
Commerce Cloud Version 2005 SmartEdit
SmartEdit provides an easy and intuitive way to edit and manage your websites across all touch points from a single interface. Improved features in SmartEdit are as follows:
Media Container Management in Simple Responsive Banner Components. SmartEdit allows you to create media containers for your simple responsive banner components. Media containers make it easier for you to manage the images. So you can manage your inflection points in widescreen, desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Support for Single Sign-OnSmartEdit now provides Single Sign-On so that users can sign into their SmartEdit sessions using their company credentials. This eliminates the need to sign in when the user switches applications during a session. SSO also helps to reduce the administrative overhead of distributing multiple authentication tokens to a user.
Reintroduction of the WCMS Cockpit: WCMS Cockpit is available in SAP Commerce again. You can use it to create, edit, and manage your sites and their contents. So by using this feature, old customers using WCMS can easily migrate on to new version and they can continue to use without using smart tool.
Commerce Cloud Version 2005 Context-Driven Services Integration:
Context-driven services enable you to personalize the customer experience to create customer segments and also do the merchandising with intelligent algorithms enabling you to create merchandising offers for the online storefronts. Enables further capabilities such as A/B testing and Merchandising to offer better customer experience with real-time personalization and boost conversion.
- Spartacus Integration: Now you can personalize and optimize your single page application commerce websites which are driven by Spartacus to Harness the power of context – driven services on Spartacus-driven Websites.
- A/B Testing for Merchandising through an API-first approach and setup and configure A/B tests from a simple, to easy-to-use UI. Additionally, the A/B Testing allows you to compare two mixcards associated with the same Merchandising strategy against each other to determine which one performs better.
- Detailed Reporting capabilities for informed actions. A/B Testing result will give detailed reporting for analysis and take the decisions based on the report.
- Merchandising Reporting: This report helps you to see metrics related to merchandising mixcards and strategies.
- SAP Marketing Integration: Through SAP Marketing Cloud integration now you can capture the detailed behavioral interaction history of individual SAP Commerce customers. So you can make them available within SAP Marketing Cloud. This Integration will help you with better personalization and customer engagement on your storefront.
- Segment Size Prediction: It enables you to understand customer coverage to size your segments correctly and personalize where it delivers Return-on-Investment (ROI).
Commerce Cloud Version 2005 Improved Promotion Engine and Rule Engine
The Promotion Engine and Rule Engine allows you to create promotions that encourage upselling and foster repeat customers through
- Updates and improvements of Drools
- Improvements around cart calculation
Platform Updates from Commerce Cloud Version 2005
Platform consists of a standard set of extensions providing the main functionality of a Commerce Cloud installation as follows:
- Support for Oracle 19c
- Support for Spring 5.2.3
- Maintaining queryCacheRegion: As the data in the queryCacheRegion is removed only by displacement, the region reaches its size limit quickly. In order to clear its entries, you can implement a strategy that removes obsolete entries from the flexible search query cache at fixed intervals by using the dedicated interface.
- Change Detection: To detect changes, delta detection executes a query. So it uses the processSearchRows method from the FlexibleSearchService API.
- Deletion of CronJobHistory Entries
- Default Users and Passwords Disabled: SAP Commerce comes with a preconfigured, default set of users for use during development and demonstration. For security reasons, all default users are now disabled and come with no preconfigured passwords.
Enhanced Integration APIs
Lastly, the Integration API allows for dynamic configuration of OData V2 services that allow you to load, retrieve, and push data from SAP Commerce Cloud.
- Enhancements to Integration APIs and SAP Cloud Platform Integration for Commerce Cloud simplify end-to-end integrations for enterprise-wide business processes.
- Pre-built SAP Integrations to SAP S/4HANA and SAP Customer Experience solutions provide an integrated ecosystem to offer seamless customer experiences for Lead to Cash scenarios by lowering integration costs and automating business processes.
- Unified and improved order processing (S/4HANA/ERP)
- Replication of service products and service orders (S/4HANA Service): So now you can replicate service products and service orders from Commerce Cloud to S/4HANA service.
- Improved CPQ integration provides you the ability to generate quotes. Additionally you can make them available in Commerce Cloud.
Simplified Classification Attributes
Moreover, the Integration API supports classification attributes in the GET, PATCH, POST, and DELETE APIs, for the Product type and its subtypes only. So this new, simplified feature allows API users to dynamically assign classification attributes to Products without exposing the complexities of the classification system
All Integration Objects have a PATCH endpoint for updating attribute values. Because the PATCH operation is a partial update that replaces only the attribute values delivered in the payload.
Backoffice Integration UI Tool enhances the experience of modeling Integration Objects with new tabs in the metadata modal window.
This API module allows administrators to migrate to an improved security mode. So administrators can enable the new authentication and authorization modes for more robust control of the APIs.
Outbound Sync Improvements
Enhancements to Outbound Sync include the improved performance and management of job executions. Additionally, administrators can abort in-progress Outbound Sync jobs. So any unprocessed items are eligible for publication in the subsequent job execution.